– Yeah, so I got, uh, the next few weeks. I’ll just be, uh, just be me and the cat at the house.
– Oh that’s right. Gina went to, uh, Vegas with the kids, right?
– Yeah, yeah, she’s gonna be helpin’ her sister out. Uh, her sister just had, uh, her baby…
– Oh that’s great.
– …and, and her husband had to go back to work after, after a week. So she’s down there helpin’ out.
– So did she have a boy or a girl?
– Had a boy, he’s named Luke. He’s…
– Oh nice.
– …he’s…yeah, he’s awesome. He’s really cool. He looks like a cute kid.
– That’s great you got to meet him when you were just there.
– Yeah, yeah, he’s, he’s such a mellow kid. He’s really awesome. And, uh…
– Yeah, she had him there at the house all by herself, too.
– Oh wow.
– Without the midwives or doctor or anything.
– Oh yeah, Gina told me that she went into labor before the midwife could even arrive.
– [laugh] Yeah…
– Oh my gosh.
– …it was pretty crazy.
– Yeah, oh man. You know, it, uh, thinking about you living in Vegas is really, it’s really weird. Because you just don’t seem like the, the type of person who would live in Vegas, y’know?
– Yeah, y’know, it’s kind of a blue collar town, y’know, kinda’ cutthroat. Y’know, a lot of competition between all the different casinos and stuff. And y’know, if you’re a gambler, y’know, I guess it’s pretty cool, uh…
– Man, that is just, that’s a city that doesn’t sleep.
– Yeah, y’know, like the casinos are open twenty-four seven. Y’know, you can…
– So are restaurants, right?
– …yeah you can go out to eat anytime of day, y’know. It’s, it kinda’ grows on you after a while, the 24 hourness of it.
– Yeah, I mean, it, y’know…. Y’know what, what I always thought was weird, too, is when I go into some of those casinos, it’s not just a casino. It’s not as though all you see are slot machines and, uh, tables where they’re playing cards or craps or whatever. They have all these, like, other things, y’know, that are under the same roof as the casino.
– Oh yeah, yeah, yes shopping malls and stuff.
– Well, well, you saw The Paris, right?
– Dude, when I was at The Paris Las Vegas, that was the first time I had been to that casino, y’know…. When we were, uh, in Vegas a couple of weeks ago for your son’s baptism…
– Yeah, sure.
– …and, uh, I look up at the ceiling and it’s all painted light blue like a sky. And they also have, like, clouds painted there. I mean it totally threw me off. I thought I was outside for a second.
– [laugh] Yeah.
– It was so weird!
– Yeah, it’s, it is pretty crazy the way they make it look like you’re outside. And, y’know, they have like plants and trees in there and…
– Yeah, that was another thing that made me feel like I was outside.
– [laugh] Yeah, that’s great. Yeah, Vegas is a lot of fun. Y’know, I’m not much of a gambler myself. But, uh, y’know, every once in a while, y’know, play some craps or, or play some blackjack or something.
– I like sports, too.
– You know what I like to do is, uh…. I’m not a gambler either, you know that. But, uh, what I like to do is to like just sit at one of the slot machines and, uh, play like, like play nickel slots. Right?
– Oh yeah, you cannot lose too much that way.
– Yeah, exactly, and then, you, you just put them in. You pull the, uh, you don’t, you don’t play too many times too fast, y’know. So you don’t lose all your money.
– But, uh, y’know, I’d just do it. Because then the waitresses come over and, y’know, they’ll serve you drinks on the house as long as you’re playing.
– Oh yeah, yeah, y’know, you get your drinks comped if you’re gamblin’. Or, y’know, shoot, if you’re a high roller, then you get everything comped. You get the room comped, you get your drinks, you get free meals, uh, the whole nine yards.