– Hello. Sunnyside Inn. May I help you?
– Yes, I’d like to reserve a room for two on the 21st of March.
– Okay. Let me check our computer here for a moment. The 21st of May, right?
– No. March, not May.
– Oh, sorry. Let me see here. Hmmm.
– Are you all booked that night?
– Well, we have one suite available, complete with a kitchenette and a sauna bath. And the view of the city is great, too.
– How much is that?
– It’s only $200 dollars, plus a 10% room tax.
– Oh, that’s a little too expensive for me. Do you have a cheaper room available either on the 20th or the 22nd?
– Well, would you like a smoking or a non-smoking room?
– Non-smoking, please.
– Okay, we do have a few rooms available on the 20th; we’re full on the 22nd, unless you want a smoking room.
– Well, how much is the non-smoking room on the 20th?
– $80 dollars, plus the 10% room tax.
– Okay, that’ll be fine.
– All right. Could I have your name, please?
– Yes. Bob Maexner.
– How do you spell your last name, Mr. Maexner?
– Okay, Mr. Maexner, we look forward to seeing you on March 20th.
– Okay. Goodbye.